Lunarian, also called a lunar non-binary person, is a non-binary gender/gender alignment from the galactian alignment system. In many cultures around the world, the moon is personified as a woman, or is associated with feminine energy, so lunarian is used to refer to non-binary people who are woman-aligned and/or feminine-aligned. A lunarian is someone who has similarities in identity or experience with women. Possible examples of lunarian experiences include:
- Someone who is partially a woman.
- Someone who has some connection to womanhood, without being a woman.
- Someone who has a gender similar to, but not the same as a woman.
- Someone who is fingender/connected to femininity while not being a woman or having a connection to womanhood.
- A non-binary person who presents femininely (regardless of their actual gender).
- Someone connected to womanhood through their experience with society. They may be treated as and/or have experiences similar to that of a woman.
The term is meant to be a less easily abused form of "female aligned". Since there is no consistent definition of gender alignment, there is no consistent definition of lunarian. Some non-binary people may fit some of these experiences but do not identify as lunarian.
The masculine equivalent is solarian. The neutral/unaligned equivalent is stellarian.